James began his IT management career in 1997 as the first Help Desk Manager at the University of Birmingham before moving to Coventry University as Help Services Group Leader in 1999. Between 2001 and 2005 he was responsible for the Telecommunications network at the University of Warwick before moving to the London School of Economics in 2005 as IT User Support Manager.
In 2010 James moved to University College London as Head of Client Platform Services. Between 2012 and 2015 he was Head of IT at Suffolk Libraries, a newly establish charitable company set up to manage public library services in Suffolk.
James joined Cambridge in January 2016 and is responsible for the co-ordination and strategic development of IT across the School of Arts and Humanities as IT Business Manager, as well as acting as the UIS relationship manager for the School and for the Cambridge Conservation Initiative (CCI).
- School of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Architecture and History of Art
- Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Faculty of Classics
- Faculty of Divinity
- Faculty of English
- Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages
- Faculty of Music
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Centre for Research in the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities (CRASSH)
- Language Centre
- Cambridge Conservation Initiative (CCI)