The Falcon content management system (CMS) offers a straightforward, self-service way of building a website using the University templates. UIS takes care of the hosting and deployment of your Falcon website, leaving you free to concentrate on the content.
Benefits of switching to Falcon
- Low cost, reliable web hosting
- Quick set-up
- Lends credibility by using the widely-recognised University template
- Automatic CMS upgrades
- Built-in Raven authentication
- Content editors don't need to be web developers
- Free, regular, local training – for absolute beginners to advanced Falcon users
- Falcon technical support – by email or in person
- Falcon website migration service (paid for)
Sites pay a modest annual charge of £100 including the hosting and managed CMS service, payable only once the site is made live.
If staff time is available we offer – at very reasonable rates – a service populating new sites and migrating content from existing websites.
Who's using it?
Some of the recent sites to go live have included:
- the move to Falcon of the
- a new research site for the Vet School
- a new site for the Inter-ACE Cyberchallenge
As well as being ideal for departmental and institutional sites, Falcon is especially convenient for cross-departmental or cross-institutional sites, for dedicated conference and event websites, and sites for research groups.