The development of this capability is now complete, and students will complete the process of collecting their UIS computing accounts via Student Registration.
Access will be made available to Undergraduates and Graduates as follows:
- New Undergraduate students will be able to complete the Student Registration and account collection process from the end of August (once their place has been confirmed).
- New Graduate students will be able to complete the Student Registration and account collection process from early-mid August (once their place has been confirmed and their student record created).
Once they have completed the process above, students will have access to the following services:
- their Hermes email account
- any specific Raven-protected resources and course materials provided by their college and/or department (the college or department will need to complete any relevant set up activity in order to facilitate this)
- some of the University Library’s online resources.
Two information leaflets will be provided to colleges to distribute to students, these are: "Getting Started with IT@Cambridge" and "IT Matters@Cambridge". The leaflets will provide students with the information needed to understand the IT systems and processes that will be made available to them.
If you would like printed copies of these leaflets, please contact UIS Reception (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating how many are required.
The leaflets will inform students of the following websites if they have any queries regarding Student Registration or the collection of University Information Services accounts:
University Information Services accounts:
If you have any questions about Pre-Arrival of Student Accounts, please send an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com