This page is used by UIS to provide updates on IT incidents that affect the University. We will also provide links to incident reports, as they are published, to ensure that users are aware of what has happened and what remedial action is planned.
- From approximately 21:20 on Monday 21 March, until 00:10 on 22 March, many University websites experienced further problems loading the corporate font from an external service provider. UIS put in place a workaround to avoid use of the font for websites hosted on the UIS Drupal service between 21:55 on 21 March and 09:20 on 22 March.
- Between 15:00 on 11 March and 09:30 on 14 March some University websites were changed to remove the use of the corporate font, to address a problem with the font not loading in a timely manner. This change would have caused affected websites to appear slightly different to normal. Since 09:30 on Monday, 14 March we believe websites are operating normally. More detailed information about this incident (ref:401633) is available.
- The recent incident affecting services on Saturday, 20 February has been closed. An underlying problem with the way the air cooling system works remains and we are prioritising short-term contingency plans, while also planning the longer-term work needed to fix the problem. We expect to publish an interim incident report by 2 March.
- An ongoing problem with one of our systems may have caused users of eduroam and other services using UIS RADIUS servers to have problems recently and in particular on Saturday 6 February. We believe this issue was resolved by 15:25 on 6 February.
- An incident affecting part of the internal network and several central services on 8 January was confirmed as resolved at 16:00 on 8 January.
- On 15 December a fault with our servers caused intermittent authentication problems for users of the University Wireless Service, including eduroam. The problem arose at around 18:00 on 14 December and was resolved at 09:30 on 15 December.
- Cleared: Disruption to Internet access on 8 December 2015 (updates were provided by Jisc on Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 December).
Last updated 13:13 04-Apr-2016 by ihc22