Before you start...
Have you enabled your University Microsoft account yet?
If you have not already signed up for your University Microsoft account, you'll need to follow the instructions here (please allow up to 3 hours for this process to take effect before you come back here to set up your OneDrive - University of Cambridge account):
Have you provisioned your OneDrive account yet?
You must follow the instructions on this page to provision the OneDrive account before you can use the OS X client software.
You will need
- OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or later
- Your Apple ID, to log in to the App Store
- If you already have OneDrive installed ensure it is v17.3.6378.0329 or later. Use App Store to update if necessary.
- Navigate to OneDrive in the Mac App Store.
- Install OneDrive and then open it from the Applications folder.
- Click the Sign In button.
- After entering your UIS username (yourCRSid@cam.ac.uk) you will be redirected to the Sign In page for OneDrive for University of Cambridge.
- Enter your password and click Sign In.
- Select Choose OneDrive Folder Location and choose where to store the files hosted in OneDrive. The default is at the top level of your home directory.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Choose which folder(s) to sync. We recommend on your own Mac you sync all folders, if you have enough free space.
- Click Next.
- Tick the box to open OneDrive at login.
- Installation and configuration is now complete.
- Summary of the syncing status
- Open the OneDrive folder
- OneDrive preferences
- Quit OneDrive
The OneDrive folder has a special icon in Finder.
- Open System Preferences and choose Extensions.
- Choose Finder in the list on the left and enable OneDrive Finder Integration.