We want your ideas!
|Forum name||Conversations||Most recent comment|
|IT Portal Forum||2||
by AnonymousSaturday 20:16
- As part of the IT Community Project we plan to develop an IT Portal, which will be launched within the University either towards the latter stages of 2016 or in early January.
The portal will be a virtual ‘landing place’ for IT Community Development resources, standard job descriptions, training opportunities, etc. This will create a virtual space where all IT professionals can seek advice and guidance from colleagues, or offer support as an expert in a particular area.
As IT professionals within the University we’d like to gauge your thoughts on what you would like to see included on the site. Getting as many IT staff involved as possible will allow us to deliver a better product.
We think this is the best approach to not only ensure that the portal is based on the requirements of the community, but also that it is widely accepted and used by IT Professionals within the University and Colleges.
The portal could possibly be customised to allow individuals the option to include:
1. UIS announcements including urgent security announcements, downtime notices, etc.
2. Helpdesk integration /HEAT updates
3. Filtered queries to allow people to see ‘My Tickets’
4. RSS feeds
5. A possible mentoring match-up facility
6. For Sale / Giveaways section with a classified look and feel
7. IT Jobs feed
8. Embedded chat window (Yammer / Slack)
The portal will be responsive, meaning it will be viewable on mobile devices, as well as being accessible on any platform (Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome). We want to make the portal as flexible as possible, whilst providing a robust “standard” build, so please submit your thoughts or ideas on the forum above.