What is a University Dropbox Business account?
Cambridge students and staff can buy a heavily-discounted Dropbox Business subscription through the University using their @cam domain email address.
Note: for technical reasons, only CRSid@cam.ac.uk addresses can be used, not those associated with other Cambridge subdomains.
- 50% saving on consumer Dropbox Business subscription price
- Seamless migration from any Dropbox Basic, Dropbox Pro or Dropbox Business account which already uses your @cam email address
- Get a pro-rata refund from Dropbox if you've already paid for an account.*
(*only possible for Dropbox accounts linked to an @cam email address)
What do I get?
- Unlimited file storage
- Unlimited document recovery and version history
- Robust security
- Access to all your files, from anywhere, on any device
- Seamless synching across desktops and mobile devices
- Easy file sharing with colleagues and partners
- Integration with Microsoft Office 365 and over 300,000 third party apps
- Quick and easy app installation on Windows, MacOS and Linux
OneDrive for Business
|Integration with Microsoft 365||Y||Y|
|Online slide show||Y||Y|
|Drag and drop file upload||Y||Y|
|Create and share folders||Y||Y|
|SSL file transfer||Y||Y|
£55 for students
£66 for staff
|File size limit||10GB||None|
|File recovery||Last 90 days||Unlimited|
|Automatic camera roll backup||Android, iOS and Windows phone||iOS and Android|
|Post to Facebook||Y||N|
|Access permission||File/folder levels||file/folder/group levels|
What does it cost?
|Payment by personal credit card or debit card:
(no VAT applicable)
(inclusive of VAT)
|Payment by Departmental purchase order:|
(no VAT applicable)
|Colleges and some non-University Institutions||
How do I get it?
You can buy and start using your University Dropbox Business account now by going to the UIS Self-Service Gateway. We can accept payment online by:
- personal credit/debit cards, or
- approved Departmental purchase order PDFs.
If you want to buy multiple licences of Dropbox Business with a single purchase order, please email your purchase order PDF to us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll process that for you. You'll need to let us know who the licences are for. A list of CRSids is best.