University of Cambridge Information Services
Relationship Manager - Estates (Fixed Term)
University Information Services (UIS) department provides central Information Technology services for both the academic and administrative activities of the University of Cambridge. It is responsible for the development, delivery and support of all university-wide technology and systems (communications, storage, computers and corporate systems) to staff and students. The UIS leads the development of IS strategy, operations, standards and co-ordination of IS services for the collegiate University.
The role of Relationship Manager, which sits within the Education, Administration and Student Services Division, is a focal point for the University’s Estates strategic IT priorities, and in the first instance these will be strongly focussed on the North West Cambridge Development.
This is a strategic role with a client focus that:
- Establishes and maintains constructive relationships between Estates and UIS, based on understanding the IT issues and drivers of both the Estates department and NWCD;
- Engages with the UIS Service Owners responsible for services relevant to Estates, with the goal of achieving optimal service levels in line with business needs;
- Establishes and articulates the requirements for new IT services or changes to existing IT services;
- Identifies and communicates technology trends that could potentially enhance the Estates and NWCD’s strategy, and supports them in considering the impact on the type level, or utilisation of services, to be provided.
- Collects information from different groups and committees, captures the “big picture” with a view to align the IT structures for Estates and UIS towards this vision.
- Supports Estates & NWCD in maximising the benefits derived from their investment in IT.
The successful candidate will have a good degree or equivalent experience and be able to demonstrate a continuing professional development in IT management, service delivery and/or project management. Applicants will have highly developed systems analysis and project management skills, as well as a broad range of technical expertise including networking, multi-platform systems management, problem solving and user support. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, as is experience in management and planning IT.
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 2 years in the first instance.
To apply online for this vacancy and to view further information about the role, please visit: http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/8112. This will take you to the role on the University’s Job Opportunities pages. There you will need to click on the 'Apply online' button and register an account with the University's Web Recruitment System (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
For queries regarding this post please contact Lori Klimaszewska, firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Friday 9th October 2015. It is intended that interviews be held on Wednesday 28th October 2015.
Systems Java Developer (Fixed Term)
|DEPARTMENT/LOCATION||University Information Services|
|PUBLISHED||11 September 2015|
|CLOSING DATE||12 October 2015|